CITROËN Ë-SPACETOURER: THE 100% ËLECTRIC MPV WITH UP TO NINE SEATS
A companion for a more intense life on the road – without emissions restrictions – ë -SpaceTourer is a large MPV that provides a tailored solution for professionals, communities, associations and extended families or groups of friends who want the benefits of comfortable, environmentally responsible and economical driving.
New ë-SpaceTourer continues Citroën’s electrification offensive in 2020, following on from the launch of the new C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid, Ami and ë-Dispatch.
The Citroën ë-SpaceTourer will arrive in UK dealerships at the end of 2020.
All Electric version of van
The Citroën SpaceTourer is a conventionally powered large MPV that allows five to nine people to travel without compromising on comfort, versatility and design.
With the introduction of the all-electric version of SpaceTourer: The crazy named E-SpaceTourer – Citroën proves that introducing an electric powertrain does not mean making compromises compared to the Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) versions. New ë-SpaceTourer also provides more choice linked to increased customer demand for 100% electric vehicles in all sectors of the market.
New ë-SpaceTourer is fully in line with Citroën’s “Inspired By You All” electrification strategy, which will see the launch of six electrified models in 2020. Models that are as accessible to as many people as possible across a range tailored to each segment.
Citroën has designed ë-SpaceTourer to make life easier. It is easy to re-charge – whether at home or in the workplace, be it via a Wallbox or a super-fast Public terminal. New Citroën ë-SpaceTourer also features connected services to help manage the various vehicle systems. It is easy and pleasant to drive, and ultra-comfortable without any loss of interior space compared to the non-electric versions.
New ë-SpaceTourer is particularly well suited to the needs of many businesses (e.g. shuttles & taxis), as well as local authorities, clubs and associations, and of course large or extended families. It provides sufficient range for the vast majority of journeys, offers access to restricted areas with zero CO2 emissions and delivers significantly reduced running costs.
- Zero emissions, zero noise, zero stress: freedom from vibration and external noise
- Driveability in electric mode: torque immediately available and no gear changes
- Peace-of-mind in use: freedom to access restricted zones subject to CO2 emissions limits
- Remote cabin pre-conditioning: the heating or air-conditioning can be set before getting into the vehicle using the MyCitroën® app on a smartphone or tablet computer. Alternatively, the driver can use the touchscreen inside the vehicle and the Connect Nav service to access this feature
Ë-SPACETOURER SPECIFIC FEATURES
On the outside, ë-SpaceTourer stands out visually through:
- The charging port on the left-hand front wing
- Grille blanking trim at the front of the vehicle
- A new monogrammed “ë” on the right side of the grille and on the tailgate
On the inside, ë-SpaceTourer offers:
- A newly designed and ergonomic ë-Toggle gear lever
- A selector for the three all-electric drive modes – Eco, Normal and Power
- A special instrument panel with:
- A power meter showing consumption (ECO or POWER) and charging (CHARGE) information
- A battery charge status gauge
- A consumption gauge for the on-board electrical equipment (heating, air conditioning)
- A colour electrical matrix, which specifically displays energy flow, remaining battery life and the charging status of the vehicle (current or delayed)
- The 7-inch touchscreen incorporates a new section under the heading “Energy”, which gives access to the vehicle’s electrical system dashboard:
- Energy flow – shows the operation of the electric drivetrain in real time with the driving mode selected and the traction battery charge level
- Consumption statistics – a summary for the current journey
- Delayed charge – allowing delayed charging to be scheduled
- Thermal pre-conditioning
In addition, the customer is able to use the touchscreen to view the charging stations nearby, or along their route, and the range to each location according to the remaining battery life.
RANGE – BATTERIES
Built on Groupe PSA’s EMP2 multi-energy platform, ë-SpaceTourer will be offered in UK with the M body style, 143 miles / 230 km of range (WLTP) and a 50 kWh lithium-ion battery pack with 18 individual modules. The EMP2 platform allows the battery pack to be fitted under the floor – fully preserving SpaceTourer’s cabin and boot space, and hence its overall practicality.
The warranty period for the battery is 8 years or 100,000 miles (up to 70% battery capacity).
The charging port is on the left-hand front wing on ë-SpaceTourer and charging operates when in Park mode.
There are three charging modes available:
- Home charging, requiring a mode 2 cable (for charging at home, at a place of work or in a car park)
- Compatible with a standard domestic socket (cable available as an accessory)
- Private or public accelerated charging, needing a ‘Wallbox’ and a mode 3 cable
- 32A Type 2 cable (supplied as standard with the vehicle)
- Charges from zero to 100% in less than 8hours (7.4 kW Wallbox)
- Super-fast charging at a mode 4 public charging point (cable incorporated into charger)
- Up to 100 kW
- Can charge a 50 kWh battery to 80% in 30 minutes
Using the MyCitroën® app, users can manage the battery charging process and see how charging is progressing. There is also a delayed charging programme on the app and under the “Energy” menu on the vehicle’s touchscreen. This operation is only available for home (mode 2) or accelerated (mode 3) charging. Delayed charging can be altered at any time. Once programmed, it only remains to plug the vehicle in and press the button located inside the vehicle charging port.
To make charging easier for UK customers, Citroën has entered in to a partnership with Pod Point. Pod Point supply and install accelerated charging points (Wallboxes) that allow an ë-SpaceTourer to charge fully in 8 hours (based on a 7.4 kW charging point). Once the customer has been referred, Pod Point will contact them and manage the process fully, from booking to installation. Pod Point is the market leader in terms of volume of charging points fitted and customer satisfaction. Citroën UK customers benefit from an extended 5 year warranty on the charging points. Business and fleet customers can also arrange workplace installation with a free (virtual or physical) site survey. Pod Point are fully approved for the Government workplace charging grant.
Learn more at Citroen website: